So, I’ve gotten into a little gardening lately, and I found a macrame plant hanger I made in an art class a few years ago. It wasn’t super cute, more of an outside thing. So I made a cute one… Here’s what I did, but it’s probably worth looking up some other tutorials.
1 . Cut eight pieces of string that are longer than you think you need. YOU DON’T WANT TO RUN OUT.
2. Tie your strings together in a knot at the top.
3. Seperate the pieces into four groups of two.
4. Figure out how far down you want your pot to hang.
5. Tie the two strands of each group together in a double knot. Tie them at the spot you want the top of your pot to hang.
6. Once you have done that to all four groups, spread each string out.
7. Take two strings next to each other and tie those in a double knot. The two strings have to be from different groups. I think I did mine about a half inch down from my first knot.
8. You will have one string on the outside on both sides. Tie those in a knot so it is now circular.
9. Continue with steps 6 and 7 until it is big enough for your pot. You can kind of measure it as you go.
10. Tie the ends in a knot at the bottom