Today I’ve got the cutest little pillow for you guys! It took some time, but was easy and worth it. I love how it turned out. The website I got it from is Cluck Cluck Sew and she has a template on her post Sprocket Pillows Tutorial. Her tutorial is fabulous, so I definitely recommend checking it out!
- Fabric scraps
- A semi large button
- Using the template from the website above, cut out twelve triangles. Lay them out in the order you would like facing right side up. As you can see in the first picture, I did not. Just don’t do what I did and you will be fine. (Top left picture.)
- Sew two triangles together. Do that to all the pieces. (Picture in the bottom left corner.)
- Sew two of the pairs together so now you have three sections of four. (Middle picture).
- Sew the three sections together so they are all joined in a circle. (Right picture.)
5. Iron the seams on the back down so they lay nicely.
6. Cut out a circle the same size as the front for the back.
7. Cut a strip of fabric about 43 inches long. (That measurement is for the small pillow. If you use the big pillow on Cluck Cluck Sew, you will have to check the measurement.) I made mine two and a half inches wide instead of five, like the original blog post said.
8. Sew the long strip to the front of the pillow. This one was a little hard for me to visualize, but it works out okay.
9. Sew the back on like you did the front. The pillow should be inside out. (Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture.) Make sure to leave an opening for stuffing.
10. Turn right side out and stuff. Close the hole.
11. Sew your button into the middle of your pillow, pulling your needle through the back of your pillow so it is gathered. This picture will help explain.
There you go! I love this project, and I hope you enjoy it, too! I made a second pillow, that I also love.