I’ve recently finished a really big project. A REALLY big project. I have found a new interest: Wall Art! Anything that can be stuck on a wall will do for me! Unfortunately, I don’t have much space in my room for that kind of thing, so, I decided to use the ceiling instead. My sister and I started cutting out and hanging butterflies.
I think we used about 102 butterflies. I know, that’s a lot, but it didn’t seem like that many when we did it. These are the patterns I used, but these are some more good ones:
Some of them are templates, but not all of them. I just free-handed mine; this is how I cut it out:
Fold the paper in half, then cut out the butterfly.
Unfold it, and you have a butterfly! Sadly, you still have to do… a lot more. That would be why I called it a “REALLY big project.” Once I cut them all out, I taped them up on the ceiling. The tape doesn’t stick. They keep falling down. 😐 I keep putting them back up, but they fall down again. Ughhhhhhh.
Here are a few pictures of the finished product.
They start from the corner of our bedroom door.
A swirl of butterflies. This is the best overall view I could get; it’s pretty hard to capture everything in one picture. You have to see it in person to really get the whole feeling.
Sorry some of the pictures are kind of fuzzy; it is hard for me to take good pictures of the ceiling! I hope you guys like this, and please comment!